The versatile blogger award!
Yesterday the lovely Tandy Sinclair gave me this award! I think its a really nice idea and a cool way to share the best of the blogs out there at the moment.
The conditions attached to the award are as follows:
You must thank the person who awarded you by linking back to their post
You have to list 7 interesting things about yourself
You have to pass the award on to 15 other new or newly discovered blogs
So thank you Tandy! Check out her blog here.
7 interesting things about me:
1. I’m doing a PhD in oceanography at the University of Cape Town, I study phytoplankton using satellites – food is not my day job.
2. I have a huge bird tattoo on my back, inspired by David Attenborough, Alfred Russell Wallace and Charles Darwin.
3. I used to be a fussy eater and a vegetarian (basically I lived on cheese).
4. I’d most like a job developing science education for the public.
5. When I retire I’d like to own a cafe on a beach in Asia somewhere.
6. I adore theme park rides.
7. If I could go anywhere, I would like to visit Central and South America.
I’m pretty new to this whole blogging thing, so I don’t have a lot of awards to give out (take one if you would like :)) but here’s 10 shout outs to those I’ve been reading so far!
1. The Gluten Free Blogger – the wonderful Sarah Howells
2.The Hungry Mouse – roast duck tips!
3.Simply breakfast – damn I love breakfast!
4. Travel Envy- Not strictly food but I do eat a lot with her!
5.Relax with Dax – keeps me up to date with goings on in Cape Town
6.I’m no Jamie Oliver – I love his continuous updates on topics close to my heart: growing your own and free range produce
7.Simply Delicious – Beautiful pics and great recipes.
8.browniegirl – lovely blog and kind lady
9.Sous Chef – recent post from the UK made me a little home sick – oh for those new pototoes!!!
10.Cooksister – enjoyed following her antics at plate to page
Ok and one more:
11.Gourmantine – Pictures that I could literally eat!
Thanks for the inspiration all, keep up the great work 🙂